LEARN TO PLAY ROLLER DERBY
CoMo Roller Derby hosts several “learn to skate” or Beginners Programs throughout the year. The Beginners Program typically lasts 8-weeks, welcomes all skill levels, and is required for all new skaters and skating referees.
During the 8-week course, members of CMRD will teach you how to skate, stop, turn around, fall, and make contact with others safely. The Beginners Program introduces you to the basics of roller derby – including rules and strategy.
Follow us on Facebook to get current and upcoming information on the CoMo Roller Derby Beginners Program.
Thinking about joining a Beginners Program? Here are some things you’ll need to bring with you:
- Comfortable workout clothing – we don’t recommend wearing jeans! Sweatpants, leggings, or shorts will work best on the bottom. A t-shirt or tank top will work best on top.
- A water bottle – a water fountain and sinks are provided if you need a refill while you’re at practice.
- A boil-and-bite mouth guard – these can be found in the sports section of most major retailers. Many roller derby players wear SISU mouth guards which can be purchased on Amazon. Please be sure to boil and form your mouth guard before you come to your first practice!
- An open-minded, positive, and respectful attitude 🙂
- A sense of humor – sometimes begin on skates feels silly!
All skating participants must be 18 or older.
BECOME A REFEREE, COMMITTEE MEMBER, OR VOLUNTEER
CoMo Roller Derby has many opportunities to be an active member of the league without the pressure of competitive game play. Join our dedicated on or off-skates referee crew, volunteer to assist with bout setup, or help manage a committee – if you want to participate, we have a role for you! All genders are welcome to be a part of CoMo Roller Derby. For more information on how you can join, please contact us at [email protected].
PURCHASE A SPONSORSHIP
CoMo Roller Derby is always welcoming new sponsorship partners. For more information on our sponsorship packages, please contact [email protected].
LOOKING FOR A PHOTO-OP?
CoMo Roller Derby welcomes photographers and media organizations of every level. For information on filming, photographing, or interviewing our members, please contact [email protected].
CONTACT OUR INTERLEAGUE LIAISON
Are you a skater from another league who’d like to join us for one of our practices? Do you want to play against us? Just email us at [email protected].